Saturday 17 May 2014

Police complaint update: Saturday 17th May 2014

Oh Police Service of Scotland, you never write, you never call!

There are now three of us waiting to make this complaint and today I sent this email to the Professional Standards Department who kindly wrote to me 10 days ago telling me they would 'contact me in the near future'.


Dear Madam/Sir
 
I received this email on 7th May having made my initial complaint on Friday 2nd May.  It is now, as you will no doubt be aware, Saturday 17th May.  When you say ‘near future’ as you do in your email detailed below, do you intend to imply days, weeks or months?  Most public bodies publish the timescales within which complaints will be dealt with (and this is monitored by the Public Services Ombudsman); does the Police Service of Scotland have published timescales for dealing with complaints?
 
Very best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
 
 
ps  When I say I am looking forward to hearing from you soon, I mean by telephone or email.  I am not looking forward to you turning up at my door for a chat so please don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment