Tuesday 6 May 2014

Update Tuesday 6th May 2014: Progress (or lack of) of FAC complaints re Aberdeen

The complaint re surveillance and the public order act was submitted online on Friday.  It is now lunchtime on Tuesday (Monday was a bank holiday) and no response or acknowledgement has been received.

Here is the detail of the complaint lodged in Aberdeen which will also be updated here:


On Monday 14th April I made an official complaint regarding being "routinely stopped" by police Scotland on way home after being at the recent Fans Against Criminalisation protest at the SNP conference in Aberdeen. I attended the local police head quarters to formally make a complaint about the "routine" stop and how the officer spoke to me. My friend who is studying law came with me to advise and witness the complaint whilst writing down what was said during complaint.
The inspector took down my full complaint in writing and I signed it. He also read the information my witness had made and signed to verify they are true and accurate. I was informed that he would investigate the complaint and get back to me in due course with his findings. He also indicated that the complaint may well be passed to a independent board for consideration. I allowed 21 days to pass as thought was fair amount of time to allow police to do what needed and contacted them for a update. I was told the "officer who is dealing with it is on holiday". I asked if anyone else could deal with it and also asked when the officer is due back as I'd like a update.
I was told only the Inspector can deal with the complaint and that he could not give me information regarding a officers' annual leave. At that point I thanked him and left.
I am very unsatisfied by how whole thing has been handled and going to take further legal advice on this matter
I will, of course, keep you updated as things progress. I'd like to thank all those involved with Fans Against Criminalisation & Celtic Trust for continued support also to everyone else who sent messages of support. We must stand as one until the Offensive Behaviour Act is scrapped and that needs to be done immediately!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete